- Mike Huckabee says he's glad he's got God's vote, even if it doesn't help his political life here on earth: "I'll never get voted out of heaven." Too bad God doesn't reside in Iowa.
- The Hillary Clinton v. Barack Obama battle continues, this time with Clinton saying Obama's health care plan "betrays" Democratic principles. So do all Democratic health care plans, past and present, that differ from her current plan amount to "betrayal"?
- The Clemson University Palmetto Poll in South Carolina released yesterday found that Mitt Romney leads the Republican field there with 17 percent, followed by Fred Thompson with 15 percent. Among the Democrats, Hillary Clinton is polling 19 percent, Barack Obama is at 17 percent, and John Edwards is at 12 percent). Far more interesting: a whopping 49 percent of Democrats surveyed said they are still undecided. On the Republican side, 28 percent were undecided.
- The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Iowans found Huckabee polling at 28 percent, Romney with 25 percent, and Giuliani way back at 12 percent. Thompson came in just behind him at 11 percent.
- In Florida, though, Giuliani is blowing the others out of the water, polling a full 21 points ahead of his closest contender, Mitt Romney, according to the most recent CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll. Giuliani is at 38 percent there, with Romney at 17 percent and McCain and Thompson tied at 11 percent.
- That conservative magazine everyone always seems to confuse us with thinks that Huckabee's proselytizing is a problem.
- The Washington Post has created a fascinating series of videos about the nation's conflicting views on the Iraq War, focusing on the stories of voters in New Hampshire, Iowa and South Carolina.
- Hillary Clinton gained the endorsements of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and the 180,000-member Amalgamated Transit Union.
- Time has an interview with Obama that really could use some better questions, but is probably worth a read nonetheless.
You need to be logged in to comment.
(If there's one thing we know about comment trolls, it's that they're lazy)