- Since millions of East Coast residents are stuck at home under a blanket of wet snow today, we take a look at being stuck, for better or for worse.
- Signups under the Affordable Care Act are proceeding along nicely, with 3.3 million people having gotten private insurance and another 6 million signing up for Medicaid in the last few months. Republicans haven't yet come to terms with the fact that they're stuck with Obamacare, whether they like it or not.
- That's not all Republicans are stuck with. A judge in Kentucky—Kentucky!—ruled that the state must recognize gay marriages performed in other states. Similar rulings have come down in other states, meaning that before long, there could be married gay people everywhere in the nation, even in the Deep South.
- A month after a chemical spill befouled their water supply, the people of West Virginia are still stuck with discolored, smelly water. When asked if the water was safe, the state's top health official said that "safe" is awfully hard to define. But she did allow that the water is "usable." Like for stripping paint, maybe, or if you have a body you need to get rid of.
- Comcast has agreed to buy Time Warner cable for $45 billion, making it possible for Americans to despise their cable company with more efficient economies of scale. Any comparison to the Hitler-Stalin non-aggression pact would be completely inappropriate and, dare we say, offensive. But if you don't like your cable company, that's too bad, because you're stuck with it.
- Winter Olympians may be stuck at the Olympic Village, but that doesn't mean they can't get their bow-chicka-bow-wow on. The "dating" (we use the term loosely) app Tinder is popular with the athletes, since a few thousand stunningly fit young people crammed into one place apparently need electronic help to find, ahem, training partners.
- If the Internet had a vote, a corgi would win the Westminster Kennel Club show every year, since they are the platonic ideal of canine cuteness. Alas, we're stuck with non-corgi winners; this year's was a wire fox terrier, crushing the hopes of millions.
You may also like:
You need to be logged in to comment.
(If there's one thing we know about comment trolls, it's that they're lazy)