- Bill Delahunt, Dick Durbin's roommate: “He will kill them with his bare hands."
- George Miller, Chuck Schumer's roommate: “French poets lived better than Schumer was living."
- John Tyson, Al Gore's roommate: "I always knew he'd be President. He does well in an environment where there is a lot of pressure.''
- Al Gore, Tommy Lee Jones roommate: "Both Mr. Gore and Mr. Jones, who grew up in Texas and lives there still, recall nearly killing an elm tree near where they lived in a monthlong knife-throwing contest, 'testing our ability in that backwoods skill.'"
- Connie Britton, Kirsten Gillibrand's roommate on their time together during study abroad in China: “We were there over the summer so …the American Embassy had a big Fourth of July party,” the actress shared. “And part of that was doing a lip sync contest. And Kirsten and two other girlfriends of ours who were in the China program did a Madonna song. Can’t remember exactly which one it was, but let me just say, we won the contest.”
- Ron Paul, Rand Paul's roommate: “I’m not going to take care of him the way his mother did."
- Andrew Cuomo, Mario Cuomo's roommate: ''We'd come home, one of us would burn something for dinner, and we'd talk."
- Phil Boerner, Barack Obama's roomate: "As a host and roommate, he sometimes did the shopping and cooked the chicken curry."
- Mike Capuano, Anthony Weiner's roommate: “He obviously did something incredibly stupid that, honestly, I still don’t understand.”
- Jon Stewart, Anthony Weiner's roommate: “His dick isn’t that big. It can’t be.”
- Craig Mazin, Ted Cruz's roommate: "I would rather have anybody else be the president of the United States. Anyone. I would rather pick somebody from the phone book."
- Jim Cramer, Eliot Spitzer's roommate: "Eliot is a maelstrom.”
- Betty Ford, Gerald Ford's roommate: “At 7 A.M., the President of the United States, in baby-blue short pajamas, appears on his doorstep looking for the morning paper, then goes back inside to fix his orange juice and English muffin."
- Brainerd Taylor, Anthony Lake's roommate: "He resents Lake's strategy for obtaining the suite's private bedroom, which they had shared during alternating terms. During his turn, Lake had the room painted 'an absolutely bilious yellow,' said Taylor, who as a future major in architecture was appalled. 'He knew I would be absolutely unwilling to sleep in it. That was Tony to a T.'"
- Describing the roommates at the C Street House: "The Tuesday supper was the only formal meal served to the residents, although Jim DeMint could be found most mornings making his way downstairs, in pajama bottoms and T-shirt, to fetch his breakfast of tea, Oreos, and dried cranberries. The men’s private quarters were strikingly modest. Stupak had one of the better rooms, a corner space on the third floor, with a private bath, but DeMint slept in a space just big enough for his bed, and hung his clothes in a closet down the hall."
You need to be logged in to comment.
(If there's one thing we know about comment trolls, it's that they're lazy)